Patrick Joyner, MD
Your native Naples Orthopedic
Hometown: Naples, FL
Elementary School: Poinciana Elementary
Middle School: Golden Gate Middle
High School: Naples High
Undergraduate Education: B.S. Biology University of North Carolina at Pembroke
• I was a 4-year starter on the wrestling team and a member of the Honor Society.
Graduate Education: M.S. Microbiology & Cell Science University of Florida
Medical School: Penn State University College of Medicine
• When at Penn State I graduated top of my class and won the award for top student in the class all four years in medical school.
• I was the president of my medical school class in 2004.
Orthopedic Residency Training: Duke University Medical Center
• Duke is currently ranked in the Top 5 Orthopedic hospital and training programs.
Orthopedic Fellowship: Sports medicine Fellowship w/ Dr. James Andrews
• During fellowship we cared for athletes from Auburn University, University of Alabama, Tampa Bay Rays, Washington Redskins, and numerous other professional athletes in all sports.
Orthopedic career: Virginia Beach, VA 2013-1017 – active-duty Navy
• I served as the head physician for Navy SEAL Teams 2 & 4. (I was not a SEAL, I was their team physician.)
• The DoD appointed me the head team physician for the US Military Olympic Team from 2015-2017.
• As a professor to Orthopedic surgeons in training, I won the teacher of the year award in 2017.
• I was co-head team physician Old Dominion University Wrestling Team 2013-2017.
Orthopedic career: Naples, Fl 2017 – Present
I am a partner at Orthocollier, the orthopedic division of Neuroscience and Spine Assoc (NASA)
I currently serve as the head team physician for Immokalee High School, Palmetto Ridge High School, and for Barron Collier High School Baseball team.
• Chosen to be the Head Team physician for Team USA at the Youth Olympic Winter Games in Lausanne Switzerland 2020 (a volunteer position), I cared for all TEAM USA athletes.
• I am currently the team physician for Sanchez-Casal Tennis Academy.
• In addition to physician duties, I am also an assistant coach for Naples High School Wrestling Team.
Orthopedic Career: Academia
• I have published 14 peer reviewed articles, with 4 more currently in progress.
• I am the author of 15 book chapters, with 1 more currently in progress.
• I have 30+ presentations at National conferences.
• As an Instructor to Orthopedic surgeons nationwide at our National Orthopedic Learning Center in Rosemount, IL and as an instructor for industry, I have taught 10+ courses.
• I was one of four Orthopedic surgeons nationwide selected for the AANA traveling fellowship in 2016.
• I am currently a Reviewer for 5 major Orthopedic journals.
• Since 2018, I have been the Head of Orthopedic Education NOVA Southwestern Physician Assistant Post Graduate Program.